Open Position: 3D Pipeline Software Engineer
Creating the RapidCompact software, DGG is the leading provider of automated 3D data optimization technology, allowing clients around the world to scale up their 3D content production for real-time applications.
Our vision: Making 3D accessible to everyone.
Find out more about > What We Stand For
You Roles and Responsibilities:
- You are helping our 3D software engineering team to develop a cutting-edge 3D data optimization pipeline, being used in production pipelines to process millions of 3D data sets each year, fully-automatically
- You perform R&D tasks around state-of-the-art technology for fully-automated PBR material mapping, enabling our clients to seamlessly use of 3D assets from different authoring pipelines in real-time settings, without any manual intervention
- You are helping our team to write software that efficiently handles various kinds of 3D data, including various offline formats (examples: 3dsMax / V-Ray, CLO3D, …) and their translation to real-time 3D assets, as well as the handling of various material models and their mapping to standard PBR pipelines for asset delivery (examples: glTF, USDZ)
- You have 3+ years of experience in 3D graphics programming or a related field
- You have in-depth knowledge of at least some related algorithms, including (but not limited to) real-time rendering, raytracing / path tracing, optimization algorithms, as well as 3D material formats and material descriptions (examples: FBX, glTF, USD, Shaders, MaterialX, MDL, …).
- You have solid programming skills in Python and/or C++, as well as attention to detail and the ability to write readable, robust and efficient code
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to help shaping the future of E-Commerce, virtual heritage, metaverse tech stacks and many more exciting opportunities – based on a highly successful deep-tech solution
- Exciting mix of international clients from different areas
- Motivated and highly skilled development teams to work with
- Great growth perspectives for your own personal development
- Competitive salary
- 30 holidays
- Additional perks
- Fully remote position, workplace in Darmstadt, or hybrid (according to your preferences)
Send in your CV and application letter at email@example.com.